Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkin Chili-details

Yesterday I saw that the weather today was going to be cold and rainy.  I LOVE IT!  So I decided a nice warm comforting meal was in order for the menu tonight.
Yes, it is autumn...so what could be better than pumpkin chili?!!!

Adapted from this recipe

I added 1lb extra hamburger, a 64 oz container of v-8, extra spices and beans and did a whole can of pumpkin instead of half.

So kind of funny,  I went to the store to get bell pepper and onion because somehow I was actually out! *gasp*

While there I realized no cans of beans - well they wanted $1.50 for 1 can of beans!  yes, so at 1am I was starting a pot of beans last night.

Then today, I realized, no pumpkin pie spice! LOL  so I made some up from this recipe here

the only thing not from scratch was canned tomatoes and the canned pumpkin...maybe next time I should remedy that!

Looks great and smells divine!  I can't wait to taste it.

Brown 3 lbs hamburger

Add 2 Tbsp of Pumpkin Pie spice...I made my own

Place hamburger and 1lb cooked beans in your pot/crockpot depending on your method of cooking

Add 2 cans diced tomatoes, or more if desired. and 1 1/2-2 Tbsp Chili powder

1 29oz can of pumpkin puree and 1/2 cup sugar

Sautee 2 green bell peppers and 2 onions

Add to mixture

64oz of V-8 or other vegetable juice

Cook/simmer on stove top for 1 hour


or 8 hours on low in the crockpo

No comments: