Tuesday, January 17, 2006

It seems I go in spurts...

Somedays I have tons to say, then I go a month and don't feel like I have anything worthy to say.
Sigh

well, the biggest news is that after lots of prayerful study of the Word Of Wisdom Diet we have decided that as a family we really do need to go vegetarian. The Church teaches in the Word of Wisdom to eat plentiful whole grains, fruits and veggies and to eat of meat sparingly..or in times of famine/cold. So after much study and prayer, we know that this is the right thing to do. We could sit and try to keep justifying our meat consumption or say that the interpretation of the Scripture that states:
Yea, flesh also of beasts and of the fowls of the air, I, the Lord, have ordained for the use of man with thanksgiving; nevertheless they are to be used sparingly;

And it is pleasing unto me that they should not be used, only in times of winter, or of cold, or famine.

so we are embarking on this new life. We are promised that if we follow it, we will have good health. Lets hope that good health includes losing weight! LOL

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Elizabeth, it is SOOO great! It is by Earl Updike. I got it when I was working at the DI the other day for 50 cents!
I know they have used copies on amazon for $5, but you may find it cheaper elsewhere.