Tuesday, November 01, 2011

30 days of Thanksgiving-2009

So I found my old posts (almost all of them anyway) from 2009, the first year I did this.  Sharing them now!


10
Today I am thankful for my good friends. You know who you are. I appreciate you and value our friendships
11
Today, I am thankful that i do not have cancer. I am thankful for my family and friends that stood by me the last 2 months-the ones that called and wrote and offered there support and love. I am thankful that life is returning to normal and look forward to the day that this is a distant memory. I am thankful that I do not have to worry about still being here for my husband and children. I am thankful for my LIFE
12
Today, I am thankful for my artistic nature. My creativity is the one talent I possess and I couldn't ask for a better one. I love sharpies and doodling. Knitting is a passion and sewing a bit less-but still there. I love color. To dye yarn is the ultimate expression of my love of color and art. I would be lost without my creativity
13
Today, I am thankful for a roof over my head, food in our cupboards, dh's employment and clothing for us all. So many do not even have these basic needs
14
late in the day--Today I am thankful for the church's teachings of eternal family. For the solace and peace that it brings to those mourning the passing of a loved one. Especially today for Jessica and the loss of her love Jason. Peace and love to you sweet cousin
15
"Today, I am thankful for the good nights sleep I had. I have not slept so long or so well in a long time
16
Today I am thankful for my son with aspergers. He has taught me so much about love and has brought to me the appreciation for the simpleness of a hug or an "I love you"
17
Today, I am thankful for homeschooling Kaitlyn. We have enjoyed our time together so much, and I would not have that if she were sitting in school all day. I love my daughter.
18
Today, I am thankful for my fabric stash. It is serving me well today.
19
Today, I am thankful that I get to go out with my 2 oldest kids tonight to the movies. Thankful that they are good kids that I enjoy being around. We have a great relationship and I couldn't ask for better children
20
today I am thankful for knitting. To be able to take some yarn and needles and create a beautiful handcrafted piece of clothing is a wonderful feeling. Each stitch is filled with love-except those that get messed up and have a few snarly words involved too!
21
Today, i am thankful for my local group of girlfriends. Looking forward to our day of crafting together
22
Today, I am thankful for the Food Network. No really. I know it is silly-but growing up and not learning to cook, well--the food network inspires me and teaches me to cook more great foods!
23
Today, I am thankful that my brother is alive. It has been one year today since his car accident and subsequent 2 months in the hospital. He shouldn't have made it. he shouldn't be doing so well with his brain injury. But he is. He is working, he is engaged, he is living!
24
Today, I am thankful that I will have my children home for 5 days. I miss seeing them so much
25
Today I am thankful for the moments I have with the kids today-preparing our holiday dinner together and making christmas presents for swaps.
26
Today I am thankful for the life I am living. I have a wonderful husband who is there through thick and think. Great kids who teach me something new every day and show me how much love one person can have. I have caring friends who are there when I am down to lift me up, and to laugh with through the good. We have what we need, and I thankful for that. Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends and loved ones!"

No comments: