Thursday, March 02, 2006

Yours, Mine, and Ours

ok-so having a *larger* family, I tend to flock towards movies, books, tv shows that have big families. It is just ME, you know?

So Cheaper By the Dozen irritated me. While being a funny movie at times, I felt it really displayed a large family in a negative manner. So out of control all the time. Like having a large family meant instant chaos and insanity. JERKS! They couldn't put some normal stuff in there?

So I admit I was a little ehn about watching Yours, Mine and Ours last night. It started off cute, but then just got boring. I don't know, I thought they portrayed the large family ok, but give us more of the day to day stuff. The cooking of meals, the doing laundry....don't concentrate so much on the kids trying to break up the parents. Give us more substance and more humor.

So while worth watching, it was not worth buying.

I am curious to see Cheaper By the Dozen 2 now.

I don't think I will ever be satisfied...should I just write my own damned large family movie???? LOL LOL

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Have you ever read the original Cheaper By The Dozen book? It is one of my all time favorites (and nothing at all like the Steve Martin movies)