Sunday, June 06, 2010

Meal plan

ok, so apparently this has been missed by a few, so I will do my best to keep Meal Plan Monday going on the blog.

Breakfast:
  • Oatmeal with peaches
  • Cereal
  • maple muffins with bananas
  • toast yogurt
  • scrambled eggs and veggies
Lunch:
  • bean burritos
  • PB&J/carrots and dip
  • beans/rice soft tacos...sauteed veggies and cheese quesadilla
  • baked mac and cheese
  • bologna sandwich, pretzels, fruit
Dinner:
  • Brown Rice veggie tacos
  • spaghetti and french bread
  • beans and rice with vegan cornbread
  • vegetable fried rice
  • chicken thighs with homemade bread and salad
assorted fruits/vegetable side dishes with the above

total cost at the store this week was $99
I expect my budget to increase as all 7 kids are home now from school. However, with almost no meat I expect it to stay reasonable. I also do not use any processed foods which helps with the healthiness of the meals and keeps the cost down too. I am expecting to explore a bunch of my newer vegan/vegetarian cookbooks this summer-I cannot wait!

No comments: