Friday, July 02, 2010

Making a difference

There are times in our lives when we have the chance to help make a difference in someone else's life. Whether it be a kind word, an offer of baby sitting, a ride to the store or even a batch of cookies dropped off anonymously on the door--there are so many ways in our every day life to touch someone else.

I have had many opportunities to help other's before. I've been the recipient too. This week I got to help be the giver and it felt so good.

A good friend whose daughter has a debilitating illness needed some cheer brought into her day-and we stepped up and made it happen.

This young girl goes through so much everyday-in ways that we cannot even comprehend and in situations that we take for granted everyday. There is so much work and worry and pain that accompany her everyday actions. To just eat or get out of bed-or even give a hug. The little things that we do without even a conscious thought.

It reminded me of how much I have to be grateful for with my own children and family. And that while we may struggle-there are those that are struggling even more.

So I may have helped to brighten someone's day and made a change in their life, but really, I had even more change in my own.

If you have a chance-do something nice for someone else. Big or small, it will be greatly appreciated-and you never know how much change your will bring to them-and yourself.

No comments: