Friday, November 30, 2012

30 days of Thanksgiving- a follow up


It has been 4 years since I started 30 days of Thanksgiving.  Every year I have had more friends join in with me.  This year, I noticed there was some brief media coverage here locally.  I was surprised by the negative comments by people.  Some talked about being grateful all year round.  Some called it superficial.  Some said it was too stressful or that they weren't accountable to others for what they were thankful for.
To those people I say: You missed what this is about. :)

30 days of Thanksgiving is not about showing off.  It isn't about posting for everyone to see.  It isn't about only being thankful for 1 month a year.

30 days of Thanksgiving is a month of thankfulness...to help you look around during this beautiful holiday season and recognize all that you have to be thankful for...no matter how big or how small.  (I mean, sure we all could say we are thankful for our family or friends, but who thinks about how blessed they are to have running water or food in the fridge or the freedom to speak their mind in our country?)

It shouldn't be stressful.  It is ok to miss a day or two, or to even only post one time during the whole month.

The idea is to look at your life and recognize your blessings beyond family, friends and material goods.

I am so glad that friends have joined with me over the years.  It has blessed my life to see what THEY were thankful for.  This experience always makes me feel more at peace.  In a society where we are constantly on the run and trying to buy bigger and better things; it has helped me to be grateful for what I have.

That is what this is about.

Take it or leave it.  Participate or not.  Just be happy with who you are and what you have.

I hope that if you did participate that it helped to enrich your life.

Happy Holidays to all my friends. Much love coming to you!


No comments: