Sunday, February 04, 2007

Knitting For Others (moved)

ok, now that Jessica's baby shower has passed, I can post her gift.
I knit these booties for her from the Little Turtle Knits Striped Slippers pattern.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
These were knit out of knitpicks wool of the andes, hand dyed by me in my pumpkin patch colorway. I hand-washed them afterwards with a baby shampoo, and boy were they soft!


I also did my first chemo cap - I did this one for a male/older teen boy. It is the London Beanie Pattern made popular by David Beckham, the popular football player from England
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This was knit from Caron Simply Soft acrylic yarn. *GASP* yes I said acrylic! It is actually a very soft yarn, and upon rubbing on the underside of my chin, was found to not be scratchy at all.

No comments: