Thursday, February 15, 2007

so Kaitlyn is growing up

I can't believe how she is changing and making her own life decisions now.
We have always ate smaller amounts of meat. I have made a conscious informed decision the last few years that I don't believe meat is a healthy food in your diet....so we eat less.

This week the kids have been learning about where meat comes from. They asked to watch the Meet Your Meat Video and I figured they were old enough to see it.
Kaitlyn was repulsed. She had no idea that animals were treated that way. I don't think any of them really connected the whole COW=hamburger concept. So she has decided that she is going to be a vegetarian-almost vegan. I am ok with that. We are helping her to learn more about it so she can recognize it. If she decides later that she wants to change her mind, that is ok too-but for now, she doesn't want it.
My "baby" girl is becoming her own person.
I am very glad that I just got the Vegan Lunch Box recipe book. It has some wonderful meals inside. In fact, I had a lot of fun with her at the Co-Op yesterday getting things we have never eaten before. Adzuki beans, Spelt, all kinds of different organic lentils and black rice! Yummy food coming ahead!

If anyone knows of any good books for kids for learning more about veg*anism - please drop me a line and let me know!

For those that haven't seen it, you can click below. Warning, it is quite disturbing.




No comments: