Tuesday, July 01, 2008

whew ! stash game is over and the boys are coming home!

all in all, I ended up with:
106 3/4 yards sewn
36 yards donated to charity
purchased only 2 yards

total stash depletion was 166 3/4 yards!
In the last 6 months, I have sewn, sold, traded or trashed over 300 yards of fabric!

Or course, I am still in denial about the 5 boxes of fabric in the garage. Luckily, I don't hear it calling to me anymore as it is really burried out there!

This is one of my prize items made: my new diaper bag!





modeled after Erika's style. This type of bag has been a favorite design of mine for a long time, I just never saw it with a pocket until I saw hers!








The applique is a free clip art I got when I googled mother nature.



It fits 12 cloth diapers,and my changing pad. with a wet bag, I could get probably 10 diapers and the changing pad. of course, if I was just shoving stuff in instead of setting it in neatly, it would fit more!

on navy blue corduroy

The boys will be home tonight. I am excited to see them. Their plane was late leaving so they got stuck in san francisco for 4 hours! I imagine conner was wanting to run around and play Monk, but alas, they got the boys a room so they are settled in and waiting.

Coconut bread just came out of the oven. It smells great...and I have Harrison crawling everywhere and chasing the vacuum as I try to clean. Good times I tell ya!

1 comment:

crankydee said...

this bag looks really great. well done