Sunday, May 20, 2007

It is with great sadness tonight

that I share the passing of a great friend, Patsy.

Patsy was diagnosed with lung cancer in August of last year. She was ill with a cough for many months and the doctors never did a chest x-ray. By the time they checked, she had a tumor in her lung and the cancer had spread to her liver and brain.

Patsy fought very hard. We ran auctions to do fundraisers for the family and I collected quilt sqaures from our online communities to make her a quilt.

She was doing "fair" up until 3 days ago. Thursday. She was admitted to the hospital and went downhill from there. Today she was in a coma on life support.

She took her last breath at 9:30 EST. She leaves behind a husband and 7 children.

Patsy, I will always think of you when I see Captain Jack Sparrow. May you and your family have peace.

I will miss you.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: